FAIRFIELD DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH: NURSING
FAIRFIELD DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH:
SAFE SLEEP ALONE. BACK. CRIB.
On average 3 babies die each week in Ohio in unsafe sleep environments. 66% of these deaths are cause from babies not sleeping Alone. Babies are 18 times more likely to suffocate when they are not placed on their Back's to sleep. Unintentional suffocation when baby is not sleeping in a Crib is the leading cause of death in infants under 12months of age.
Learn more about safe sleep practices and safe sleep environments.
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING
The Nursing Division is responsible for providing public health nursing services to the residents of Fairfield County. The primary goal of the nursing division is to promote healthy lifestyles by addressing chronic, acute, and communicable diseases through community planning, health education, and public health nursing services. Nursing services are provided under the guidance of Dr. Mark E. Aebi, Medical Director, and Gwen Shafer, RN, BSN, Nursing Director. Nursing services are tailored to meet community concerns and needs.
THE NURSING DIVISION PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
• Childhood Immunization Clinics
• Travel and Adult Immunization Clinics
• Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Nutritional Services
• Communicable Diseases Investigation and Reporting Services
Communicable Disease Reporting Number: 740-974-9759
• Appointed TB Unit for Fairfield County
• Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH) - a home visiting program for children with disabilities
• view changes to Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING: NEWS + RESOURCES
• CDC 2017 Immunization Schedules for Children and Teens
• Opiate Drop-Off Information >> View Details
• Zika information: ODH info >> View Details; ODH Fact Sheet >> View Details
• WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program
• CDC Lice + Parasites + Fact Sheet
• Flu Vaccine Scheduling: 740-652-2800
• What to do if you get the Flu + Seasonal Flu Info: ODH Information / CDC Information
• HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
• Mumps Fact Sheet / CDC info >> View Details
• Head Lice: Parasites Appearance / Transmit / Treatment
Fairfield Department of Health is holding a Flu Clinic
October 24, 2017 from 2:30PM-5PM
@ 1550 Sheridan Drive, Suite 100, Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Insurances, Medicaid, and cash will be accepted as payment.
(Call to verify private insurance coverage)
For More information/ Appointment call: 740-652-2800
For all ages!