$32 VITAL RECORD
CERTIFIED COPY FEES: $32 VITAL RECORD
The Fairfield County Health Department Vital Statistics division issues certified copies of certificates for births, deaths, and fetal deaths occurring from December 1908 to present.
We can assistance you with:
- Registration of birth and death records
- Issuance of burial transit permits and cremation permits.
- Completion of "Acknowledgement of Paternity Affidavits"
- Corrections to birth and death records
- Home Births
- Birth certificates can be issued for ANY County in Ohio.
- Death and fetal death certificates can be issued for Fairfield County only.
BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1908
For birth or death certificates prior to December 1908:
Contact the Fairfield County Probate Court:
224 E. Main Street, 3rd floor, Lancaster, Ohio 43130
- Complete Application: Application for Birth or Death Records
- Applications can be mailed or completed in person at the Fairfield County Health Department.
Birth and Death Certificates cannot be emailed. If you have any questions please call 740-652-2836.
- If by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check made payable to the
Fairfield County Health Department for $32.00.
- Birth certificates for newborn babies will be ready 2 weeks after the birth.
- Certificates may be ordered over the phone with a credit card.
Fairfield County Health Department fees are payable by cash, certified or personal check, credit card/debit card or money order. Customers who use a credit card/debit card as payment will be charged a non-refundable processing fee of $1.50 or 3.00%, whichever is greater, by Point&Pay
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING A DEATH CERTIFICATE
Effective 10/15/15 - ORC 3705.25(5): For five years following a decedent’s death, a decedent’s social security number shall not be included on a copy of the decedent’s death certificate unless that information is specifically requested to be on the certified copy by one of the following who presents proof satisfactory to the director, state registrar or local registrar of the person’s identity.
The Fairfield Department of Health will accept personal checks if the person's address and phone number are on the check. Cash, Money Orders, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card are also accepted. Certificates may be ordered over the phone as well.
Fairfield County Health Department fees are payable by cash, certified or personal check, credit card/debit card or money order. Customers who use a credit card/debit card as payment will be charged a non-refundable processing fee of $1.50 or 3.00%, whichever is greater, by Point&Pay.