Pauletta Krieger (email)
Cindy Sharpe (email)
(Same day Service ends
1550 Sheridan Drive
Suite 100 (map)
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
FAIRFIELD DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH: BIRTH + DEATH CERTIFICATES
CERTIFIED COPY FEES: $32 VITAL RECORD
The Fairfield Department of Health's Vital Statistics division issues certified copies of certificates for births, deaths, and fetal deaths occurring from December 1908 to present.
We can assistance you with:
• Registration of birth and death records
• Issuance of burial transit permits
• Completion of "Acknowledgement of Paternity Affidavits"
• Corrections to birth and death records
• Home Births
• Birth certificates can be issued for ANY County in Ohio.
• Death and fetal death certificates can be issued for Fairfield County only.
BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1908
For birth or death certificates prior to December 1908:
Contact the Fairfield County Probate Court: 224 E. Main Street, 3rd floor, Lancaster, Ohio 43130
TO OBTAIN A BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATE
• Complete Application: Application for Birth or Death Records
• Applications can be mailed or completed in person at the Fairfield Department of Health.
• If by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check made payable to the
Fairfield Department of Health for $32.00.
• Birth certificates for newborn babies will be ready 2 weeks after the birth.
• Certificates may be ordered over the phone.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING A DEATH CERTIFICATE
Effective 10/15/15 - ORC 3705.25(5): For five years following a decedentís death, a decedentís social security number shall not be included on a copy of the decedentís death certificate unless that information is specifically requested to be on the certified copy by one of the following who presents proof satisfactory to the director, state registrar or local registrar of the personís identity.
GUIDELINES: REQUESTING DEATH CERTIFICATE
To see guidelines of who can request the death certificate WITH the social security number showing and what two (2) forms of proof are needed, please view the following guidelines.
The Fairfield Department of Health will accept personal checks if the person's address and phone number are on the check. Cash, Money Orders, Visa, Mastercard and Discover Card are also accepted. Certificates may be ordered over the phone as well.